The Child Nutrition Program provides one-fourth (for breakfast) and one-third (for lunch) of the daily nutritional requirements for school children. The program operates as a nonprofit, self-supporting service. The Program is funded from the sale of all meals, á la carte items and catering. The United States Department of Agriculture provides reimbursements for some costs for student’s school meals, meals served to children through the Summer Food Program and the After-Schools Snack Program. Secondary schools have kitchens on location. Elementary schools and The Lincoln Early Childhood Center receive daily deliveries from Central Kitchen, but prepare all meals on site.
ALL LEARNERS EAT FREE
For the 2021-22 school year we have a USDA waiver where all learners will eat free. However, we still encourage you to fill out a free and reduced application. ⁂ A free meal includes 1 full breakfast and 1 full lunch per day. Ala carte items, including single-purchased milks, are not included in the free meal and students will need to have money on their account.
P-EBT Information Below:
- Students must have been enrolled in SD25 for the 2020-21 school year.
- Eligible students must have a 20-21 free or reduced eligibility as of May 26, 2021 at 2:00 pm.
- The P-EBT cards will be sent out by a separate organization around the middle of July 2021.
- How much per student? At this time we do not have a specific amount. It will be based on how many remote days the school participated in (3 days/week for Middle and High school).
- SD25 elementary students are not eligible for this payout because the elementary schools were “all-in” the entire 20-21 school year.
Please see the State website for more information and trouble shooting: https://www.sde.idaho.gov/cnp/sch-mp/pebt.html
Below is a list of Food Services contacts in alphabetical order by LAST NAME. The general phone number for Food Services is: 208-235-3254.
||Assistant Coordinator/Registered Dietitian
||Food Services Coordinator