As part of our Capital Improvement Plan, the Board of Trustees for the Pocatello/Chubbuck School District 25 has selected an architect firm to lead the project for improvements to Pocatello High School. The current status of the project is in the planning, design and concept phase. The goals and objectives for the project are to:
- Increase student safety by connecting main building with auditorium and gym areas.
- Provide ADA accessibility to main and upper floors of PHS and new areas.
- Provide additional classrooms and “commons” area to accommodate increased student enrollment.
- Create a clear main entrance and centrally located administrative offices.
- Help alleviate lunch room congestion and lack of space in basement cafeteria.
Follow updates on the improvements to Pocatello High School here
Updated Design – Main Entrance
View project timeline
Historical Entry 1 Historical Entry 2 Historical Entry 3
Administrative Offices Floor Plan
Project History, Key Dates
- April 17, 2018: Original RFP published
- April 22, 2018: RFP republished
- September 6, 2018: Special Meeting, architectural services presentations (public notice)
- September 7-14: Public comment period
- September 18, 2018: Regular Board Meeting, overview of presentations, public comment, decision to award project postponed (public notice)
- September 25, 2018: Special Meeting, award contract for architectural services, contract awarded to Hummel Architects (public notice)
- December 13, 2018: Kick-off meeting with Hummel Architects (public notice)
- January 18, 2019: Follow-up meeting with Hummel Architects, Education Center, 3115 Pole Line Road
- January 31, 2019: Meet with City of Pocatello Public Works Department and staff
- February 12, 2019: Meet with City of Pocatello Planning and Zoning Department and staff
- February 14, 2019: City of Pocatello Work Session, Council Chambers, City of Pocatello (rescheduling, date to be announced)
- Survey to identify all utilities (ongoing)
|CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PLAN - Presented to the Board of Trustees, January, 2018
||ORIGINAL REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL- Presented to the Board of Trustees, July, 2018
|DESIGN 1 (Awarded Contract)